Fab Followers

Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Daffodils

Hi Peeps, hope your all well and I hope you've been getting a bit of spring weather, I know here in N.ireland its been beautiful these last few days, well today is a bit dull but we can't be greedy.  So, with spring in the air I had to buy myself a bunch of daffodils from the Digi Doodle Shop, aren't they lovely. Daffodils are one of my favourite flowers, they always remind me of the kids, especially my two eldest, when they were young they regularly came home with a bunch of daffodils for me, of course after the initial "Aww they are beautiful" came  the suspicious " Where did you get them?" fearing some angry green fingered neighbour darkening my door lol. Ok, back to the card, I've coloured the image with promarkers and I've added some crystal effect droplets onto the flower as dew, the dp (Designer Paper to you lee-anne lol) is 'Woodland Folk' which has been embossed with a swiss dots folder, I made the swirls with my cricut machine and embossed those too then added little punched flowers, spring brad from my stash, ribbon from my stash, tags using Stampin up little tag punch.
Well I have two sick children at home today, another stomach bug and my 6 year old Kalen really doesn't like being sick and keeps asking me if his skin is 'peachy' and i have to say "Yes kalen, your skin is still peachy" he thinks when he goes 'white' he is going to be sick as when he was last sick people kept telling him he was as 'white as a sheet', so you can't tell Kalen he is 'pale' or 'white' he gets into a panic lol.
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Cute Card~ Signs of Spring
Shelly's Images~ Layers
Stamp Something~ Digi Day
Daring Cardmakers~Daffodils
Gingerloft Challenge~ Flowers
Little Claires Designs~Flowers
Craft Your Passion~ Anything Goes
Paper Playtime~ Digi Day
Wild Orchid~ Anything Goes
The Creative Cottage~ Tag your it
Enjoy the rest of your day and stay 'peachy' x

16 comments:

Min said...

This is absolutely FABULOUS!!
Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Shelly's Images for our Lots of Layers Challenge!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min

Kathy said...

What a beautiful card this is - Thanks for joining in with the March Flowers of the Month challenge fromThe Daring Cardmakers

Rein said...

Pretty card Donna,
thanks for joining in with DCM.

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful!! Love those daffodils and you coloured them so well it makes one want to pick them. Super card. Thanks for joining us at the Doodle Pantry (DPDC#9)challenge!

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Hi Donna, a gorgeous spring card I love the ribbon and those lovely colours. Hugs
Tamara

Lynda said...

This is such a pretty card Donna - thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

lindyloo said...

this is absolutely beautiful thank you for joining us at the creative cottage hugs linda

Zuzana Obert said...

What a spring beauty you made Donna! The crystal droplets are fabulous.Thank you for playing with us this week at The Daring Cardmakers.

Zuzana x x

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

gorgeous card Donna, lovely spring cheery one :) sorry your little one isn't well, hope he is better soon, hugs xxx

nessy said...

spring must be here ~the daffs are out, donna!!
love your card ~just perfect!!
sending you all get well hugs
vanessa xx

Maria Matter said...

this is gorgeous Donna! I love daffodils, love the way you embossed the papers & swirls too!
hope your kiddos feel better soon, take care hun!
hugs & blessings!

Heather said...

Stunning card. I am ready for some Spring flowers here in Canada :) Thank you for playing along with us at Paper Playtime this week.

Heather
www.princesspaperprojects.blogspot.com

Sammibug said...

Hi Donna. Your card is so pretty. Love the elegance that comes from the embossing and the flourishes. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Craft Your Passion, in our "anything goes" challenge.

Lynn said...

Hi Donna, what a gorgeous card! Love those pretty flowers..
Thanks so much for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges :)
huggs
Lynn xx
PS: I am having a give away on my blog if you are interested

Sue said...

Hi Donna
a gorgeous card, lovely spring image & colours, pretty design & embelies, thank you for joining us at The Creative Cottage this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

maxine said...

lovely card thanks for joining us at Little Claire designs x