Fab Followers

Tuesday 4 November 2008

Paula and Donna's Cuttlebug Challenge.



Well I got my long awaited Cuttlebug last Thursday and have used it for the first today, think i was scared of it lol. So a fellow One Stop Craft dt member Paula and I decided to set each other a challenge, to make a card using our cuttlebugs by Monday, well had a bit of a family problem to sort out yesterday so we decided to post it today. Ok its a real simple card lol but at least I can now say i have used my cuttlebug. I'm waiting for my Swiss dots folder to arrive so hopefully it will be here soon, i have big plans for it. Anyway, on this card i have used one of my 'With Love' border folders to make the flower and i have added little purple gems. The rest is self explanatory really so I'll not insult you with instructions. The little 'Thanks' embellishment was sent to me by one of my sbs sisters, Kimberly. Anyway, off to have another go with the cuttlebug and see what i can come up with, check out Paula's card, its beautiful, well done Paula. x
I have decided to enter this card for the Papertake Weekly Challenge as I am falling behind with my challenges and their theme this week is 'Simply Sparkling' well my card is definitely simple and the gems sparkle, great.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Donna, many thanks for visiting my blog - I love your cards, you have great style.

Cathy said...

Donna this is fab - you are going to love your cuttlebug, I adore nie and use it so much.
Lookng forward to more creations using you 'bug.
Cathy xx

Paula said...

Hi Donna love your card its great as are all your cards and thanks for the great comment on my card and your money is in the post too lol xxxx

Ruth (ooffee) said...

It's beautiful!
Enjoy using your 'bug - I'll be back to see more!
Ruth xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Fab card Donna - there'll be no stopping you now! I love those with love borders because they are so stylish - and this is a really elegant card.
Sharon

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow Donna, a gorgeous card hun. Im going to the post office today. Hugs Linda x

Liza said...

Very classy card - gorgeous!

Liza x

Sammi said...

This is really stunning Donna!
It looks GREAT!!!

I was scared the first few times I uesd my Cuttlebug (in Sept) and when I used it to make a diecut I was horrified that it left marks/ cut into perspex! but I LOVE embossing!

*hugs*

Cass said...

Stunning,elegant card Donna.You'll love the embossing.

Cass xxx

Marlou McAlees said...

a beautiful card Donna!!! cuttlebugs are just fab!! delighted you are enjoying it, and you will just love the swiss dots folder :) xx

nessy said...

wow donna ~this is amazing ~ think i may have to get one of those embossing folders!!
very elegant and sylish
vanessa xx

InkyAndScrappy said...

I looked at one yesterday. Just can't bare to part with $90 when I have a sizzix already, but I really want one. I did get a new folder though. . . hehehe. Happy creating. Oh and I am avoiding the dentist as I have not gone in a LONG time. Maybe next week I will call.

Mrs Mayne said...

Great card! Love the layout and the CB embossing down the side! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

Erum Tasneem said...

Congrats on the bug!
It's a wonderful card, i love the colour!
http://dragonmagicscrapkaarten.blogspot.com

Erum Tasneem said...

I am sorry I pasted someone else's blog link!

Crafting Queen said...

Very elegant card.