Hi there, hope your well. A while back I was asked to do a tutorial using the Crafters Companion Ulti Boxes board for their German DVD so I thought I would share it with you. Loved making this wee box and it was very simple to do with the board. You can make these little boxes in Oval or Heart shaped and in different sizes and are perfect for little gifts. Hope you enjoy my tutorial and it inspires you to make some of your own :-) x
For this project you will need: Crafters Companion Ulti Boxes Board, Embossing tool, Collall Quick dry tacky glue, Scissors or Craft Knife, Cardstock and Embellishments.
(Note: If you want the sides of your box to be embossed or stamped etc. remember to do all this before you assemble)
1) To create a box with the Ulti boxes board first decide which shape and size of box you want to make. On one side of the board is the square heart topped box and on the reverse side of the board you have a choice of Oval and Heart boxes in 3 sizes. For my project I have chosen the small oval box with extended top and bottom. (The box can be made with extended top and bottom or flush, the choice is yours)
2) You will see there are 3 lines to emboss for each size of box, the outer and middle lines are used for the top of the box and the inner and middle line is for the bottom. Take your cardstock and emboss a top and a bottom using your embossing tool, the cardstock should be face down while your embossing. For my box I wanted a large extended top and bottom so altogether I embossed 3 pieces of cardstock using the outer and middle lines and 1 using the inner and middle lines. You will also see a number on the board for each size box, this is the length of cardstock you will need to go around your box, all you have to do now is decide on the height you want. Mine is 5 cms high so I cut two strips of cardstock 29 cms x 5 cms.
3) Cut out your ovals using scissors or a craft knife.
4) Now take the smallest oval and 1 of the large ovals and snip around the edges up to the inner embossed line.
5) Carefully bend the snipped edges down making sure you keep a nice clean oval shape.
6) Take the two side pieces of cardstock and stick the top and bottom edges together to give you two circular tubes making sure the tube for the bottom of the box is given a slightly larger overlap which will allow the top to slide over the bottom when assembled. Check that the ovals fit the appropriate tubes before the glue is dry so that the tubes can be adjusted if needed. Carefully apply a line of glue around the inner edge of these two tubes and insert the appropriate ovals (larger oval in the slightly larger tube) into the tubes and the snipped edges against the glue.
7) Now attach the extended top and bottom making sure they are right side up. Your box is now ready to be embellished.
I am entering this project into the following challenges:
Top Tip Tuesday ~ Embossing
Simon Says Challenge ~ Monochromatic
Craft Room Challenge ~ Bingo (Pearls, Brown and Lace)
Creative inspirations ~ Monochrome
Word Art Wednesday ~ Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments ~ Anything but a birthday card.
One Stop Craft Shop - Pastel Colours