Fab Followers

Saturday 4 October 2008

What a surprise!

Hi everyone, just wanted to tell you about the lovely surprise i got yesterday. Well actually i got quite a few but 2 of them i knew were coming. The first one was when my first DT pack from One Stop Card Crafts came throught the door, I got some beautiful goodies and can't wait to show you what i've made with them but i didn't get as much done as i thought i would because then i had to head to the airport to pick up my o/h who was getting back for the weekend as he works in England and we haven't seen him in 5 weeks, so that was lovely. Then when all the excitement of Daddy getting home had settled and Daddy and the kids were catching up on some serious x boxing, i decided to get out my lovely DT pack to have a play, well.......someone walked into the kitchen and i hardly looked up as i thought it was one of the children getting a drink and was really engrossed in my cards and i heard a 'Hiya' it was my son Adam.....back from Germany for a holiday (he's in the Army). At first it didn't quite register with me and i just looked at him, blinking my eyes to see if it was for real, then came the scream lol. He's home for 10 days before he heads out on a tour for 6 months but i'm trying to keep that to the back of my mind for a while and just enjoy him being home. So what a lovely day full of surprises we had and the children are over the moon to have their Daddy and Big Brother home. We are heading to a family party today so it will be nice to have everyone together. Catch you all later. x

8 comments:

craft mad Jenny said...

oh wow, that must have been lovely for you - you'll have to let me know where he is based (my bro is out there too!!)

Dawn Wheeler said...

Looking forward to see what you make with your new DT kit ,Dawnxx

Ruth (ooffee) said...

Aww - how lovely. Enjoy your family time!
Hugs - Ruth xx

Sharon said...

My first thought was Oh what a lovely surprise & my second thought was you're never old enough to have son in the Army!!! Hope you enjoy the time with your family together.
hugs
Sharon :-)x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Oh Donna what a lovely surprise to have your son back for a while. Enjoy your time with him as i know how precious it must be. Tell him he's doing a wonderful job and how proud we are of our armed forces!! Big hugs Linda x

Heather said...

what a fab day for you! Enjoy all that time together while you can as I'm sure it'll pass before you know it. Big hugs to all

Sarah C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah C said...

Typo'd too much in the last post, so here's one correctly spelt ~ I hope!

Oh Donna, what a fantastic day for you. Hope you're managing to have some fabulous family time and what a surprise to have them all together again. Love to you all xxx