Fab Followers

Thursday 22 January 2009

Sugar Sugar




Good Morning. I had a little fun with the Sugar Sugar Project of the Month Challenge last night, this month Marlene gave a tutorial on Paper Beads, the team wanted us to give these a try and I have to say I'm glad I did, they are so easy to make and look beautiful on cards, something the kids would have fun with too. I have used K and Co paper (Roam) for the beads and for the card, a little sugar nellie stamp coloured using distress inks. (still experimenting with the inks) I'm in need of a new paper cutter as you can probably see on the card lol, still trying to find out which one would be best as the last one I bought was such a disappointment. Right, off to do some housework (yawn) was hoping I would wake up and the fairies would have done it but........no, no sign of them, think they prefer to hide things from me. Enjoy your day. x

13 comments:

nessy said...

gorgeous card donna ~love your paper beads ~looks so fab with that image!!
vanessa xx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

This is such a gorgeous card Donna, lovely papers and such a great image. Hugs Linda x

Maria Matter said...

Wowser! What a fabulous card!!! Your beads are gorgeous, Donna! Your fingers are staying busy aren't they?! Excellent!
Blessings, Maria

Sally said...

Great card and the beads are fabulous

liza said...

beautiful card Donna,ive left u sumit on my blog love liza xox

Donna said...

Beautiful card Donna, I had to look twice at your paper beads, I thought they were real, well done you :) Donna x

Lou Sims said...

Stunning card and loving those beads.

Kathy said...

Cute card and your beads look gorgeous!! Love how thick they look!! Your coloring is great and I love that image!!
I also wish fairies come while I slept but it never happens for me either!! (LOL) :)Kathy

Lilian said...

It's a lovely card Donna. Love how you've colored the sweet Nellie image and how you've used the beads! No comment on the fairies lol! :) Thank you for joining the Sugar Bowl and have a great weekend!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Devine card Donna. Those paper beads really finish it off well.
Sharon xx

Paula said...

Stunning Donna and i love all the deatail you have put in.
Paula xxxx

Bev said...

Fabulous card Donna, love the beads - they are amazing!

hugs Bev x

LOUISE said...

Great card Donna, making good use of the paper beads. Louise x